REMEDIATION DAY 2020
Abstract Specifications & Submittal
Abstracts are due Friday, November 15th 2019
An independent Program Committee will review all abstracts. All topics are welcome within the scope of the technical- and project related aspects of (in-situ) soil remediation. We also invite participants to share their empirical research and field data combining studies done in relation to the technical design of a soil remediation approach. A selection will be made according to the following criteria:
- Level of innovation of remediation technique and/or project approach
- Level of empirical (field) data to be presented
- Degree to which the approach takes sustainability into account. Consider conservation of nature value, energy consumption/transition, usage of space, climate change- and/or emission issues.
There are two platforms available during Remediationday 2020:
- A 20 minute presentation in the conference hall
- A 2 minute Posterpitch in the conference hall + Poster in the Foyer
Abstract Preparation & Submittal
DUE DATE: November 15th, 2019
General Guidelines: It is important that our reviewers have all the necessary information to assess the scope of the work and the data likely to be presented during the event, determine its relevance, compare it with other proposed presentations, and, if accepted for the program, assign it to an appropriate platform or poster session. Abstracts with a pronounced commercial or marketing tone will not be accepted.
Format: The following format specifications are required:
- Abstracts must be in English
- Abstracts cannot exceed one standard-size A4 page (8.5”x11”) of a Microsoft Word®
- Abstracts should not include pictures or tables
Abstracts must be organized under the following required subheadings:
- Results/Lessons Learned
We request for you to use this SAMPLE LAY-OUT for your abstract.
Submittal: Abstracts are to be submitted via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org clearly stating in the subject of the email: Abstract Remediationday 2020
By submitting an abstract you agree to the following terms & conditions:
- Your abstract will be circulated and reviewed by a preselected independent panel who all have extensive technical knowledge and understanding of soil remediation
- We reserve the right to decline any abstract that contains excessive promotional/marketing content and/or does not fit the scope of Remediationday.
- By submitting the abstract, you confirm that the proposed presentation will be original and that you have obtained any necessary permission (e.g., client approval, copyright) for the content.
- If the proposed presentation is accepted for the program, we will include the title and authors’ names in the Preliminary and Final Program materials.
- Complete contact information for the corresponding/presenting author and all co-authors (postal mailing address, phone number, and email address) will be stored in our system and will only be used in relation to Remediation Day.
Note: If you are submitting an abstract on behalf of someone else, please state clearly the name and email address of the person that will be giving the presentation.
Let us know if you will be submitting an abstract by clicking the button below:
Session placement and format preference (platform or poster) may be entered on the submission form but are not guaranteed. Final decisions on session placement and format will be based on the best overall design of the Conference program.
Acceptance/Placement Notification: Early December 2019, the presenting author of each abstract will be notified by email of the placement decision. If the abstract was accepted, this email will state the session and format (platform or poster) to which it was assigned and provide information on preparing the presentation and submitting an updated abstract before the Conference.
Presenter Registration Requirement: Presenting authors who are chosen to present in the conference hall, do not have to pay the registration fee. This applies to one author per presentation. If you so choose to present with more than one person, you are expected to register and pay the Early-Bird registration fee minus the one registration fee as stated above.
If you are selected for a poster presentation, you are expected to register and pay the Early-Bird registration fee.
Session chairs and the selection committee do not have to pay the registration fee.